- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, corn starch, brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.